IN HOME FAMILY SUPPORT
We work closely with the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women to reunify families and do so in a way which supports their long-term safety and happiness.
Our program is unique and can be tailored to meet the individual needs of families that we support. Therefore, we have both Family Support Workers and Case Managers linked with a family for the duration of the support.
K.I.N. Care Services have a team of dedicated professionals available to provide individual and family therapy and counselling to children, young people, families, and participants engaged with our program. Our services include:
- Individual and Family Therapy
- Individual and Family Counselling
- Individual Counselling – Eating Disorders
- Narrative Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Equine Therapy (Individual and Group Sessions; Sunshine Coast location)
- Theraplay (designed for children and their primary caregiver)
In addition, K.I.N. Care Services can also provide information, education and resources to parents and caregivers on the following topics including:
- Positive Behaviour and Intervention Support Plans
- Trauma and Attachment
- Circle of Security (COS)
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Bringing Up Great Kids
- 1-2-3 Magic
K.I.N. Care Services can also support the facilitation of referrals to specialists, government and non-government organisations and agencies, in keeping with holistic service provision and person-centred practice.
K.I.N Care Services can support families in Qld across the following registration groups:
- Assistance to access and maintain employment or higher education.
- Assistance in coordinating or managing life stages, transitions and supports
- Assistance with daily personal activities
- Assistance with travel/transport arrangements
- Assistance with daily life tasks in a group or shared living arrangement
- Innovative community participation
- Development of daily living and life skills
- Early intervention supports for early childhood
- Household tasks
- Participation in community, social and civic activities
- Therapeutic supports
We have a team of highly skilled professionals to support families and participants in ensuring they meet their full potential. In addition to working with participants across the state we also specialise in working with families and participants who are being supported by both Child Safety and NDIS together.